Sunday, 1 June 2014

Textile update

I have been sooo busy with moving house and the lotty I have again neglected my little blog and my lovely followers - sorry! As promised on my last post, a while ago now, I want to share with you a project I've been working on. I have long admired embroidered felt work which I had seen done by others and I had some felt which I made a couple of years ago but wasn't brave enough to machine embroider on. After a session on the machine at the Seaside Stitcher's group I decided to just go for it. It was really a nerve wracking at first but fun once I got going and I loved stitching the grasses. The poppies were pretty random on the original piece but came to life when I started the hand embroidery. Then I added the other french knots and a few bullion stitches etc to represent wild flowers.  Here's a closer peek.

I was really happy with the results as it's something I have wanted to do for ages. Now all I need is the time to make more felt and experiment with different ideas!!

I'm afraid there's not been too much sewing done lately. The allotment and the new additions are demanding most of  my attention at the moment - but I will leave that for my next post! Here's a little taster.

The girls

Hope you are all enjoying the better weather. Pls leave a comment if you stop by. Thank you xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...