.

Monday 18 April 2011

Woolly Spires

Talking Textiles


Hellooo. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. We went to a fabulous wedding at an incredible venue which  I will be sharing with you in my 'out and about post' on Friday. Today I was going to talk about felting but I decided to leave that for another day as I wanted to show you these photos of the gorgeous church where our friends got married. The church is St Denys Church in Sleaford, Lincolnshire. The real thing is very impressive to look at but I confess I was even more impressed with the woolly version made by local knitters.



It is very intricate and close attention has been paid to detail. I couldn't resist taking photos.


Isn't it lovely? I really love the crookedness. It was so tactile I had to go and touch it and the roof was felt like.


Those wonderful arched stained glass windows and the fancy ballustrade on the roof must have taken ages to create.
What do you think? Have you ever knitted anything or seen anything else knitted that's as unusual as this? xx

2 comments:

  1. I love this, how absolutely gorgeous, i love the crookedness of it too. ps thank you for visiting my 5 precious blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I visit mum and dad, where we normally sit in church I have a really good view of this. It's fab! I wonder if inside it, they've knitted a mini me looking at a mini version of the mini church!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...